Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
DBE Policy Statement
DBE Policy Statement Section 26.1, 26.23
Transit Management of Mobile d/b/a The Wave Transit System / City of Mobile has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. THE WAVE has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, THE WAVE has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of THE WAVE to ensure that DBEs, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE’s in DOT assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
Mr. Gerald Alfred, Director of Planning & Capital Projects has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO). In that capacity, Mr. Alfred is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by THE WAVE in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
THE WAVE has disseminated this policy statement to the Board of Directors and all the components of our organization. THE WAVE has distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts through contract documents.
For additional information contact Gerald E. Alfred, Director of Planning & Capital Projects at 251-338-0100251-338-0100 or via email at email@example.com.